Friday, April 15, 2005

Compiling DCOracle2 for Oracle 10g

I finally decided to bite the bullet and find out how to compile DCOracle2 with the Oracle 10g client libraries. Turns out it wasn't that difficult, all I needed to do was to change all three occurrences of the word "dword*" to "dvoid*" (I learned about the required changes from this post from the Zope DB list) and then it compiled without problems. To avoid further connection problems, it is best to install Oracle's client libraries with the same user that the Zope instance has assigned.

6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Paul Winkler said...

Hi, have you been using DCOracle much since this post? Is it working OK?

I'm looking into hooking up Zope to Oracle and killing off some nasty REST hacks in the process, but I got stuck on compiling DCoracle2 against Oracle 10g. Glad to know that there's potential here.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Carlos de la Guardia said...

Yes, we've been using it for a couple of months, but only on a test setup, which means very few concurrent users. We have had no problems with it, no crashes or anything like that.

So far, I am thinking it can do the job. We expect to test it more throughly in the next couple of months or so.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Paul Winkler said...

Thanks for the info. I've been working up a zopewiki.org article about connecting to Oracle at zopewiki.org/Oracle.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home